A once in a lifetime opportunity exists to be a part of generations of American history. The land surrounding 2 Arboretum Road has been in the Vanderbilt family since the 1890’s when George W Vanderbilt chose Western North Carolina as the treasured location for his home, Biltmore House. George Henry Vanderbilt Cecil, grandson of George Vanderbilt, and his wife, Nancy Owen Cecil, built 2 Arboretum as their family home. They lived here in this quiet enclave for over 35 years. The rock bridges along Arboretum Road were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. The property surrounding the house is the last undeveloped residential acreage owned by Biltmore Farms that will ever be available for purchase within the Town of Biltmore Forest. The Town was incorporated in 1923 and has its own police department, zoning and public works. Biltmore Forest is bordered by the Biltmore Estate, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the City of Asheville.